Saturday, November 3, 2012

Thinking About Glazing...




All of the above pieces are by Dan Derber, who works in San Jose, CA, and were found on Etsy (http://www.etsy.com/people/HigherFire?ref=ls_profile). I am drawn to his use of the glazes, like in the above teapot with the turquoise and blue that draw my eye up to the spiral spout. I also love his detail and design in the large bowls, like the patterns around the inside rims, the swirl in the middle that caught the golden hint of the glaze, from where the green ran down, and the decorative knobs on the outside of the serving bowl at the top of the page. I also love his creative handle on the casserole dish, but how that element of crazy is still balanced in the piece because of his neutral glaze work. Overall his work that I've seen is lovely and I feel inspired to make lovely pieces.



No comments:

Post a Comment